We are looking for a Data Science leader to accelerate our machine learning capability at Xelix – working on mostly greenfield projects to help deliver the company’s ambitious roadmap.
We are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of NLP – with experience working with natural language text conversations e.g. emails.
- You will lead our in-house data science efforts – motivating, coaching and managing our team.
- Working closely with the Head of Product, you will analyse enormous data sets from our multinational clients & develop new solutions to help solve their pain points.
- You will conduct and document research, apply the most appropriate solution and work with our engineering team to deploy work to production.
- A Degree in Maths / Physics / Statistics / Computer Science / Data Science or similar (MSc or PhD preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience, building and deploying real-world data science solutions.
- Deep knowledge of working with a variety of ML models and techniques, with particular expertise in NLP.
- Strong experience with Python, SQL & Git.
- Ability to work on research projects from scratch and identify relevant technical solutions to problems.
Big Plus Points
- Previous management of a data science team
- Finance & accounting knowledge
- Enterprise SaaS experience
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Prior experience within a growing startup.
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat.
- Bring Intensity – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be a Leader – we value ownership, autonomy, fresh thinking and creativity
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Speak Up – we encourage dissenting voices and direct debate, but we hate ego.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company building the Control Centre for the CFO office. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and have a hugely exciting product roadmap in place.
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed & Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital & Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear from your potential future teammates!