FinTech start-up Xelix requires a Development Team Leader to manage the front-end development team. Xelix is creating the next generation of their SaaS invoice intelligence platform which uses AI to uncover payment risks and deliver meaningful insights. The company has a fantastic culture based on four behaviours: Bring Intensity, Leadership, Speak Up and Keep Improving.
The role in a snapshot
This is a varied and exciting role. Primarily you would be ensuring your team members are happy and productive. The responsibilities in this area include:
- Mentoring, training, career planning for your team members
- Arranging monthly one to one sessions with your team
- Prioritising and allocating tasks
You will also be contributing to the code base. We are currently using React, MobX, Styled Components and a RESTful API but you will assess and introduce new technology as required. Tests are made with the Jest and React Testing Library. There is an emphasis on producing clean, tested, beautiful code and you will make sure the developers meet your own high standards.
Our ideal candidate takes pride in their work. You understand the importance of great design and creating a website that people enjoy using. There are many opportunities to innovate as you collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement new features.
As this is a senior role, we are seeking candidates with 5+ years of non-internship professional front-end development experience. Previous experience in leading developer teams is preferred but we would also consider candidates ready to step up from a pure development role.
You are able to demonstrate a strong understanding of modern front-end technology including:
- React (Hooks, Context, etc), React Router
- Global State Management
- Layout with HTML/CSS/SASS, Styled Components
- Building applications (Webpack, Yarn, NPM)
Quality is important to us and our ideal candidate would have:
- An appreciation of application architecture and design patterns
- A passion for testing, rapid iteration and collaborative problem solving
- An interest in mentoring others and sharing knowledge
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity options – have a meaningful stake in the business
- Your choice of hardware
- Extremely collaborative and flat culture
About the role
- Full time, permanent
- MF 9am-6pm
- Hybrid working
- Office based in the heart of Old Street, London
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company building the Control Centre for the CFO office. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and have a hugely exciting product roadmap in place.
Xelix has raised £1.5m seed funding to date from Tier 1 VC investors Passion Capital (Monzo) & Localglobe (Transferwise), as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear from your potential future teammates!