We are looking for a talented Mid-level Data Scientist to develop our in-house data science and machine learning capability at Xelix.
- You will join our growing in-house data science team, tackling both greenfield and existing projects to expand and improve our data science capabilities
- Working closely with the Head of Product, you will analyse enormous datasets from our multinational clients and design solutions to solve their pain points
- You will work on end-to-end data science projects, conducting research, developing appropriate solutions, and deploying your work to production with the help of our engineering team
- You will then track the results of your work on live data, making decisions on how to optimise performance through ongoing assessment.
- A degree in Maths / Physics / Statistics / Computer Science / Data Science or similar (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Experience building and deploying real-world data science solutions
- Deep knowledge of a variety of Machine Learning models and techniques
- Strong experience with Python, SQL & Git, experience with Natural Language Processing techniques is desirable
- Ability to work independently on research projects from scratch and identify appropriate technical solutions.
Big Plus Points
- Finance & Accounting knowledge
- Experience in software development
- Experience in a growing startup
- Familiarity with cloud computing.
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat.
- Bring Intensity – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be a Leader – we value ownership, autonomy, fresh thinking and creativity
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Speak Up – we encourage dissenting voices and direct debate, but we hate ego.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company building the Control Centre for the CFO office. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and have a hugely exciting product roadmap in place.
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed & Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital & Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear from your potential future teammates!