We are seeking an intelligent Python developer to join our back-end development team. Initially focusing on the Accounts Payable (AP) space, we aim to reduce payment risk through the detection of AP errors and to improve efficiency by automating manual AP processes. At the heart of our product, we leverage machine learning techniques developed by our data science team to provide a more sophisticated offering than existing solutions.
About the Role
This is a varied and challenging programming role. Tasks could include writing code to manage incoming data, working with Data Scientists to analyse huge data sets, or writing Restful APIs in Django to support the React front end.
Our ideal candidate takes pride in their work – producing clean, tested, beautiful code. Rather than give you a detailed set of requirements, we encourage engineers to take responsibility for solving the problem. There are many opportunities to innovate as you collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement new features.
You will be well supported to continue your professional development. This includes an annual conference allowance, access to the O’Reilly library and a monthly session with your manager to identify and track your learning goals.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar) at 2:1 or above
- 3+ years of Python coding experience
- Familiarity with coding in Python, Django and the Django Rest Framework
- Ability to learn and apply new technology quickly
Big Plus Points
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- Build a pipeline and CI with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Bring Intensity – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be a Leader – we value ownership, autonomy, fresh thinking and creativity
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Speak Up – we encourage dissenting voices and direct debate, but we hate ego.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company building the Control Centre for the CFO office. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and have a hugely exciting product roadmap in place.
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed & Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital & Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear from your potential future teammates!