Head of Sales
About the role
We are looking for experienced enterprise sales leader who is excited to manage and grow an early sales team at a very fast-growing scale up.
In this role you will hire, coach, train and develop a team of account executives, SDR’s and pre-sales professionals, helping the business reach its growth goals.
Developing and implementing sales strategy
Create and execute a strategic sales plan that aligns with the company's goals, targeting appropriate enterprise market segments and setting clear objectives for the sales team.
Building and leading the sales team
Recruit, train, and manage a sales team comprising AEs, SDRs and pre-sales. This includes setting sales targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching and fostering a collaborative, fun and motivational team environment.
Market analysis and insight
Conduct comprehensive market research to understand CFO industry trends, identify emerging opportunities, and stay ahead of competition. Use this insight to inform sales strategies and team focus.
Sales forecasting and reporting
Regularly forecast future sales and provide detailed reports to the leadership team. Analyse sales data to identify trends, successes, challenges and areas for improvement.
Collaboration with other departments
Work closely with marketing, product and customer success / onboarding teams to ensure a cohesive approach to client satisfaction, product improvement and alignment of sales strategies with overall business goals.
Professional networking and relationship building
Engage in networking activities within the industry to build relationships, stay informed about market developments, and create new business opportunities for the company.
- Track record of managing sales teams who have consistently met and exceeded targets in an enterprise environment.
- Experience of managing teams using MEDDICC, value-based selling or similar sales methodologies.
- Experience managing sales teams with long and complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders.
- Successful sales career in the enterprise software space before moving into a people management role.
Big Plus Points
- Experience selling into the CFO office
- Specific knowledge of the Accounts Payable space
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.