Junior DevOps Engineer
About the role
We are looking for a Junior DevOps engineer who is keen to grow and develop their skills. The DevOps team build out infrastructure critical to the deployment of new features and applications used by Xelix and our customers. The successful applicant will report to the DevOps Lead and work closely with the Development and Data Science teams.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, determined, takes pride in their work, and finishes tasks to a high standard.
The DevOps team are responsible for managing, monitoring and optimising our systems, i.e. ensuring system Availability, Durability, Reliability, Resiliency and Fault Tolerance.
Xelix handle large volumes of sensitive commercial data, making security crucial. We have ISO:27001 and are being assessed for SOC 2. You will be actively involved with these, as well as helping to implement/maintain security best practices such as Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning.
Our technology stack includes AWS (web hosting, computing, storage, queues, caches, relational databases etc.); Terraform (IaaC); Jenkins; Sentry; GitHub; Shortcut; Networking (DNS, HTTPS); SSO; Python and React.
- Update/upgrade/maintain infrastructure using Terraform
- Maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines through Jenkins / Github CI
- Help design solution architecture for new business features
- Maintain operations for Production, ensuring you are ready to respond to any incidents quickly
- Manage cloud costs by planning usage, rightsizing and ensuring unused infrastructure is torn down
- Manage access to multiple services for Xelix team members
- Support the Development and Data Science Teams - help troubleshoot their issues
- Resolve customer issues with accessing the Xelix platform (e.g. SSO or networking)
- Point of contact for IT support for Xelix team members
- Help ensure Xelix maintains ISO:27001 and SOC 2 compliance
- Eager to learn and pickup new skills quickly and independently
- Confident to ask for help when stuck
- Good technical background and mindset
- Able to listen and work with other team members and customers in a professional manner
- Diligent at tasks, keeping to deadlines for tickets
- Responsive to the team, happy to help colleagues resolve technical issues quickly
- Educated to university degree level
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.