Senior Solution Consultant
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on solution consultant who is excited to launch the pre-sales/solution consulting function at a very fast-growing scale up.
You will play a key role in supporting our prospects by providing technical expertise, product demonstrations and ensuring Xelix meets their specific requirements. This role requires a balance of technical knowledge, sales acumen and customer-facing skills.
- Lead technical demonstrations and solution presentations to prospects.
- Understand customer requirements and assess technical fit.
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify and qualify opportunities, providing technical expertise throughout the sales process.
- Support in building business cases and ROI-backed proposals.
- Support in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) with comprehensive, clear, and accurate information.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to provide customer feedback and insights, helping guide product development.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of market trends, competitor products and industry developments.
- Provide training and support to other functions within the commercial team.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners, serving as a technical advisor.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or five years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a pre-sales/solution consulting role, preferably in the enterprise software sector.
- Proven ability to understand complex technical products and solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in responding to RFPs and RFIs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically about business and technical challenges.
Big Plus Points
- Experience of working for companies that sell software to the CFO office
- Specific knowledge of the Accounts Payable space
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.