Senior React Developer
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Senior React Developer to join our growing development team. In this role, you will implement user interface components using React concepts and workflows such as Redux and RTK Query. You will also ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain.
Our developers take pride in their work – producing clean, tested, beautiful code. Rather than give you a detailed set of requirements, we encourage engineers to take responsibility for solving the problem. There are many opportunities to innovate as you collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement new features.
You will be well supported to continue your professional development. This includes an annual conference allowance, access to the O’Reilly library and a monthly session with your manager to identify and track your development goals.
- Collaborating with designers and other developers to build websites from specifications produced in Figma.
- Creating visually appealing experiences using CSS3 for frontend applications.
- Implementing robust and scalable solutions.
- Developing, using and designing REST APIs and web-socket solutions to efficiently deliver application components.
- Performing testing and quality assurance activities on different browsers and devices to ensure compatibility and responsiveness.
- Implementing performance improvement strategies, testing, and measuring application performance
- Mentoring other team members, sharing knowledge and experience, and helping improve our team's abilities in the process.
- Ensuring the quality of code by writing comprehensive tests and participating in code reviews.
- Familiarity with modern application architecture and design patterns.
- Excellent understanding of the complete software development life cycle.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to team members and stakeholders.
- Passionate about testing, rapid iteration and collaborative problem solving. (e2e, unit tests, integration tests)
- Knowledge in Test tools like Playwright, Jest.
- A demonstrated interest in providing mentorship and advice to others in your team.
Big Plus Points
- An interest and aptitude in data visualization, transforming complex datasets into intuitive visual representations.
- Skills in User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design, demonstrating a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to user journeys.
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.