Head of People (Fractional)
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of People to help us attract, recruit, engage and retain an outstanding team.
You will be responsible for developing people strategies and providing sound advice to senior management across all areas of the business.
You will be responsible for making sure that every step in our team member’s journey with us leaves them feeling motivated, challenged, and nurtured.
You will create scaleable processes to deliver a best-in-class experience for the whole team.
Hours: 9am-6pm over 3 days per week, or reduced hours over 4 / 5 days.
- People Strategies: Establish and execute people strategies in line with our culture and goals.
- Recruitment: Oversee the recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes to ensure the attraction and retention of the best people.
- Performance Management: Design performance management systems that effectively evaluate and motivate the team. This includes a review of our current 1-1 process, 360 reviews, and implementing training for our line managers.
- Team Relations: Foster a positive work environment where our culture is truly lived throughout the business. This will include managing growing pains as our team scales.
- Salary and Benefits: Consistently review our compensation and benefits package to ensure we attract and retain the best team members.
- Training and Development: Implement comprehensive training and professional development programmes that support growth and business needs. In particular supporting our middle managers and Heads of department.
- Organisational Design: Anticipate future design needs, staying ahead of structural needs to drive commercial success.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Head of People
- Thorough experience of developing and executing people strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of HR management principles and best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working for a business in scaleup phase - (50 employees to 100 employees)
Big Plus Points
- Experience of working at a SaaS company
- Knowledge of the Accounts Payable space
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.