About the role
We’re looking for smart Python developers to join our back-end development team. We are recruiting at various levels from Computer Science graduates to those with several years coding experience.
This is a varied and challenging programming role. Tasks could include writing code to manage incoming data, working with Data Scientists to analyse huge data sets, or writing Restful APIs in Django to support the React front end.
Our ideal candidate takes pride in their work – producing clean, tested, beautiful code. Rather than giving you a detailed set of requirements, we encourage engineers to take responsibility for solving the problem. There are many opportunities to innovate as you collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement new product features.
You will be well supported to continue your professional development. This includes an annual conference allowance, Learning & Development budget and monthly development sessions with your manager to identify and track your development goals. As we continue to grow opportunities for you to develop your career, becoming a Team Lead, Project Lead or Staff Engineer could be available to the right candidate.
- Implementing robust and scalable solutions in Python.
- Developing, using and designing REST APIs to efficiently deliver application components.
- Implementing performance improvement strategies.
- Ensuring the quality of code by writing comprehensive tests and participating in code reviews.
- Mentoring other team members, sharing knowledge and experience, and helping improve our team's abilities in the process.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), at 2:1 or above
- 2+ years of Python coding experience
- Familiarity with coding in Python, Django and the Django Rest Framework
- Ability to learn and apply new technology quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to team members and stakeholders
Big Plus Points
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- Build pipeline and CI with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (24 days + 3 days when we close over Christmas)
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive private medical & dental cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity cover
- Learning & development culture – £500 personal annual budget
- Plugged into the best VC communities in Europe
- Swanky, dog-friendly office
- Lots of team socials & activities
- Annual team retreat
- Be Productive – we work with a sense of urgency and take pride in moving quickly
- Be Proactive – we are forward-thinking and take the initiative.
- Keep Improving – we believe direct feedback is the key to continual self-development
- Be Collaborative – We do our best work in a relaxed, authentic environment where everyone has a voice.
Xelix is an enterprise SaaS company offering an AI-powered Control Centre for Accounts Payable teams. We work with some of the largest global companies to automate and enhance their financial control processes.
We built Xelix to take the pain out of four core AP processes: overpayment and fraud prevention, vendor statement reconciliation, master vendor data cleansing and AP/P2P reporting. Xelix is easy-to-use, cloud-based and flexible, making it suitable for large organisations across all sectors. We pride ourselves on providing 10/10 customer support and love to co-develop functionality with customers. See our customer reviews here: https://www.g2.com/products/xelix/reviews
Xelix has raised £6m in Seed and Series A funding from VC investors Fintop Capital, Passion Capital and Localglobe, as well as seasoned angels such as Paul Forster (founder of indeed.com) and Simon Burke (ex-CEO of Virgin).
Want to know more about our employee experience? Head to our Glassdoor reviews.